17 Self-Love Resolutions for 2017

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” –Buddha

New Year’s resolutions are notorious for being unsuccessful. Most of us think by now we shouldn’t declare these goals altogether purely because we think we can’t hold ourselves accountable. Or, we overwhelm ourselves with high standards (“lose 117 pounds, travel to 17 different countries, and make double salary this year!”) and get disappointed when we don’t reach them all.

Don’t start off the new year with that mindset.

New Year’s resolutions are good in moderation. If you set achievable and reasonable goals for yourself, then I think the birth of the new year is a great reason to start doing the things you need to be doing.

Both self-love and self-care are important to our minds and bodies. They are also the easiest resolutions to establish and maintain. Before you can share love with others, you must first learn to love yourself.

I’ve rounded up 17 totally achievable resolutions for everyone to accomplish in ’17. In fact, you should be doing these things weekly if not daily. Choose any (or all) of these simple habits for your health to incorporate into your 2017 resolutions.

1. Carry a water bottle with you to as many places as you can.
  2. Make sure you find fresh air and walk at least once a day.
  3. Stretch.
  4. Take deep breaths before falling asleep at night.
  5. Celebrate your wins—even the small ones.
  6. Quit comparing yourself to others.
  7. Forgive yourself.
  8. Make time for what makes you happy.
  9. Surround yourself with people you love.
  10. Laugh.
  11. Ask for help when you need it.
  12. Try something new—you might like it.
  13. Read or educate yourself.
  14. Drive different routes to your destinations.
  15. Fuel your body with wholesome foods.
  16. Treat others how you wish to be treated.
  17. Acknowledge things you are grateful for.

Always remember how important your health and well-being is. Love others, love yourself, and love the upcoming new year that possesses endless possibilities.

Some images from New Year’s past.

Advertisements

28 thoughts on “17 Self-Love Resolutions for 2017

1. Katie Dahl says:

These are all great suggestion!! I think the one I love the most though is to stretch! I used to take my flexibility for granted, and now that I am getting a little older & losing some of that? I really want to stretch more often; I think it would make a big difference!

Liked by 1 person

2. Ali says:

Great ideas for finding balance in 2017. I need to get better about leaving my desk each day and going for a walk. Not a resolution so much as an intention for the new year.

3. Jamianne says:

This is great! It’s so easy to overwhelm ourselves with unreasonable goals and then just quit everything. I love the list you put together… so many things to uplift and empower without beating yourself up. 🙂

4. Lisa Sell says:

I love the slant you’ve taken here. Too many resolutions are made because we think we should make them. Many of us are rubbish at self-care. I’m learning. Let’s make sure we learn it’s not selfish to put the self first sometimes.

Liked by 1 person

• MaKenna says:

You see exactly my point!! It is not conceded or selfish to put yourself first sometimes, in fact we need to take care of ourselves before we can care for others. I learned this in my medical background that our own safety is first priority because we cannot save others if we are hurt. I believe this same logic applies to many other aspects of our lives.

5. hailangeliccreation says:

Those are lovely resolutions! Do you mind if I steal some to try and accomplish for myself? I could always use more water and fresh air. Plus, with the campus looking good this winter, it gives me a place to go for a walk.
    I’d love it if we could help hold each other accountable.
    Happy goalkeeping!